These pancakes are light and fluffy and are egg, dairy, gluten, grain, nut, soy free! (unless you top with butter like me)
They are light and fluffy and you would never think they were anything but the real deal! They also contain 1 of your 10 a day!!! Not bad for a pancake!
- 1 cup chick pea flour (gram/gabazno flour)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda.
- Pinch pink salt
- 2 tbsp of your favourite protein powder (I use collagen)
- 1/2 cooked mashed sweet potato
- Place flour, water, bicarbonate soda, pink salt, protein in a bowl and stir until combined. Leave to sit for minimum 30 mins or overnight so mixture is smooth.
- Mash your cooler cooked sweet potato and add to mixture and combine well. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a pan. For perfect American style pancakes I use egg rings. Use 2 tbsp batter per pancake.
- When bubbles appear it’s time to flip and cook the other side.
Et voila enjoy with your fav toppings!!!!