This dish is super tasty, packed full of nutritious veg, immune boosting shiitake mushrooms, bone broth, and organic grass fed lamb shanks! It’s perfect for the autumn season, with its deep flavour. I’ve left this bubbling away for 4 hours so the meat falls off the bones.
This dish feeds a family of 4 .
- 2 red onions diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 stalks cavelo Nero
- 4 chestnut mushrooms chopped small
- 4 shiitake mushrooms chopped small
- 1 leek diced
- 5 lambs shanks
- Bundle of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1litre bone broth or meat stock
- I put the whole lot in a large pot
- Bring to boil
- Cover and let it simmer for hours (I left for 4)
- Check intermittently and stir
- After 4 hours I gently removed lamb shanks and tore off meat (makes easier for my kids when I’ve taken meat off for them)
- I added meat back to pot and simmered a little more
- Add salt to taste
I served with roasted chunks of butternut squash.